Operational Excellence – OPEX – The Excellence in Processes
OPEX is a philosophy combining systematically continuous improvement techniques in the pursuit of excellence in a sustainable manner.
Typical continuous improvement techniques are e.g. LEAN, 6 sigma, implementation of various management standards etc.
Principles of OPEX philosophy (according to Shingo Prize):
1. Respect every individual
2. Lead with humility (study e.g. R. Greenleaf – Servant Leadership)
3. Seek perfection
4. Assure quality at the source
5. Flow and pull value
6. Embrace Scientific Thinking (measure, evidence based)
7. Focus on process
8. Think systemically
9. Create constancy of purpose (vision, mission, values)
10. Create value for the customer